Avast antivirus can also protect your Android phone/tablet. And same as protecting your computer, Avast can protect your mobile completely for free.
Of course there is also an advanced paid-for version called Avast Mobile Premium which adds features like Geo-Fencing, App Lock, or Add Detector.
Besides the mobile antivirus, AVAST also offers another products like Avast Anti-Theft for helping you locate your lost/stole phone. Using this handy app you can also remotely lock your device, wipe the memory, activate a pretty loud siren, and many other great things.
For backing-up your contacts, SMS, or pictures you can use Avast Mobile Backup which comes for free. Also it has a premium version which adds backup of music, videos, and apps.
Both premium versions – Avast Mobile Premium and Avast Mobile Backup Premium, retails at $1.99 monthly, or $14.99 yearly.
Avast Free Mobile Security
- Protects your mobile phone against malware, and spyware
- Includes Anti-Theft component
- Firewall (rooted phone only)
- Other useful features like network meter, app manager
Avast Mobile Premium
- Same as Free Mobile Security with Anti-Theft and Mobile Premium included
- Geo-Fencing for performing specified action (i.e. activate siren, send phone location) when your device leaves set perimeter (i.e. 100m)
- Back-up for backing-up pictures, SMS, contacts, videos, music, and other apps
- Remote management (SMS, data recovery, identification)
- App Locking for locking unlimited number of applications
- Ad Detector for detecting ads and tracking information in the installed applications
- Password Check for automatic lock after three unauthorized attempts to phone unlock
- 1-year license for 14,99 €
- Locate and track your lost device
- Remote control of you lost device
- Web-based portal for managing your device
- This app is already included in the Avast Mobile Premium
Avast Mobile Backup & Restore
- Backups your Android device
- Contacts, photos, SMS, call logs
- Music, videos, apps (only in Backup Premium)
- Backup Premium is already included in the Avast Mobile Premium
Avast Ransomware Removal
- Simple app for removing Cryptolocker/Simplocker malware from your Android device
- Decrypts the previously encrypted files
- Only for users who are already infected
- More information in our post ‘AVAST Releasing Free Android App for Removing Ransomware‘