avast! GrimeFighter Overview and Free Download
This handy application basically does three things – 1) Improves your computer boot time; 2) Increases your computer speed; and 3) Provides you more free hard-drive space.
avast! GrimeFighter Scan Summary
GrimeFighter scans your Windows system for present ‘grime’ like malware, spyware, or intrusive toolbars. Also it scans for unnecessary programs which are being run at the start-up of your Windows, and optimizes your system settings to make your computer runs smoother. For making up more free space it scans for redundant files on your hard-drive.
You can download the free scan tool from the official avast! website or click on the button below.
avast! GrimeFighter Pricing/Licensing
Unfortunately avast! GrimeFighter is not entirely for free. Though you can download the free scan tool but it only scans your computer (if it’s compatible) and shows you what the full version can do – as on the scan summary screen above.
If you want to actually clean and speed-up your computer, you have to purchase the full license (activation code). Which is on the other quite cheap if you consider how great and useful this product is. Pricing is as follows – 1-year license for $19.99; 2-year for $39.99, and 3-year for $59.99. 30-day money back guarantee as always.
avast! GrimeFighter Full License Pricing
If you decide to purchase the full license, just open your avast! and go to ‘Tools’ » ‘GrimeFighter’ » ‘Optimize My PC’ and select the subscription length.
avast! GrimeFighter Pop-ups and How To Disable Them
You can sometimes see the avast! GrimeFighter pop-up notification coming from your avast! antivirus. Usually it says ‘Performance Alert! We found X bits of evidence that Grime is slowing down your computer.‘ and has the blue button ‘Optimize My PC‘ at the bottom.
For some users these pop-ups can be quite annoying. If you want to get rid of these pop-ups just check our ‘Ultimate Guide to Disabling avast! Pop-up Notifications‘.
Example of the avast! GrimeFighter Pop-up
avast! GrimeFighter Install/Activation
If you have already purchased the full license for avast! GrimeFighter, follow the instructions below to run it
- Go to avast! user interface » ‘Tools’ » ‘GrimeFighter’ » ‘Optimize My PC’ and GrimeFighter should start running, if not follow the next steps
- Click on the link ‘Do you already have a subscription?’
- Sign in to avast! Account with the e-mail you have used during the GrimeFighter purchase
Video Manual Explaining Purchase and Activation Process
avast! GrimeFighter Uninstall/Removal
Removing avast! GrimeFighter tool from your avast! antivirus is quite easy. It includes following steps
- Go to Windows ‘Control Panel’, find section ‘Programs’ and click on item ‘Uninstall a program’
- On the list of installed programs on your computer find avast! antivirus and click on ‘Uninstall/Change’
- On the avast! Setup window go to ‘Change’ and click on the ‘Continue’ button
- From the list of avast! tools select ‘GrimeFighter’, un-check it and click on the ‘Continue’ button
- Now you should get the message ’The product was successfuly updated’ just click on ‘Done’
Uninstalling/Removing avast! GrimeFighter Tool
System Requirements for avast! GrimeFighter
- Operating system Microsoft Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Processor Intel Pentium III or above
- 512 MB RAM memory or above
- 600 MB free hard disk space
- Internet access
- Please note there are other specific system requirements which are automatically checked by GrimeFighter Free Scan tool
Other avast! Products for Windows
Although we have used avast! Free Antivirus 2014 screenshots in this article, avast! GrimeFighter is available in all avast! antivirus solutions (i.e. also avast! Pro Antivirus, avast! Internet Security, and avast! Premier).