As the product name suggests, Avast SecureLine VPN is a VPN software which works as a component of the Avast antivirus 2018. So there is no need to actually install it, you can just add it to your Avast antivirus – even the free version. Recently also the standalone version has been released.
SecureLine is not dependent on your Avast antivirus solution, so you can use it together with the free version, same as with the premium one.
Besides the Windows version, there are also versions of SecureLine VPN for Android devices, iPhone/iPad iOS, and Mac OS X.
Basically, SecureLine VPN does three things
- Protects you and your passwords from hackers on public WiFi networks
- Makes you anonymous on the Internet by masking your IP address
- Pretend you are connected from the different location (see the list of available locations below). This can be used for bypassing geo-restriction rules (for example viewing Hulu.com or BBC Live from any country)
So it’s a perfect product if you’re traveling a lot, or want to visit some content which is restricted from your home country. How does it compare with its competitors? See the comprehensive Avast SecureLine VPN Review by VPN Den.
As mentioned SecureLine can be either part of your Avast Antivirus or standalone application (see the screenshots below) which doesn’t require Avast installed on your system.
WARNING Avast SecureLine VPN License File (Activation Code)
Lots of people are searching for the free Avast SecureLine VPN license file (key) on the Internet. Please be aware there is no way how to download the license file/key for free. There are many websites in Google which claim to offer it for free or cracked, but actually, you will end up downloading malware. So be aware what you are downloading and executing on your computer.
The only way how to get it for free is a trial license, which you can download using the buttons below. Or you can pay $5.99 a month for the 1-month SecureLine VPN license. Which we consider pretty good deal compared to all the features and benefits you will get. See the links below for download.
Avast SecureLine VPN Free Download
SecureLine is also available as a free 7-day trial, which is perfect if you want to just try it out. To download the free, stand-alone trial version, click on the button below.
If you are looking for the direct purchase, you can choose between 1-month, 1-year and 2-year licenses
Avast SecureLine VPN Free Trial Activation
If you would like to try it, there is no need to download anything. You can activate the free 30-day trial right from your Avast antivirus. Simply open your Avast and go to ‘Privacy‘ » ‘SecureLine VPN‘ and click on the ‘Connect‘ button. Then the subscription offer will appear and you just have to click on the grey ‘Free 30-Day Trial‘ button.
After that SecureLine component should be added to your Avast antivirus and the small pop-up ‘You’ve successfully connected to Avast SecureLine‘ should appear. Now you use it completely for free for 30 days. However please note if you don’t cancel the subscription, you will be automatically charged the full price for a 1-year license ($59.99).
Avast SecureLine VPN Available Remote Locations
Currently, Avast SecureLine VPN offers 50 locations in 33 different countries. The number has been updated just in December 2017, when Avast added a 14 new countries and 23 new cities to its server list. It’s not top of the VPN market, but it’s definitely more than average and should be enough for a basic VPN user.
Full list includes following places
- Africa – South Africa (Johannesburg)
- Asia Pacific – Australia (Melbourne), New Zealand (Auckland), Japan (Tokyo), China (Hong Kong), Republic of Singapore (Singapore), South Korea (Seoul), Malaysia (Johor Bahru),
- Europe – Austria (Vienna), Belgium (Brussels), Denmark (Copenhagen), Netherlands (Amsterdam; P2P), Germany (Frankfurt; P2P), Finland (Helsinki), Norway (Oslo), United Kingdom (London; P2P, Glasgow), Spain (Barcelona, Madrid), Italy (Milan), France (Paris), Czech Republic (Prague; P2P), Sweden (Stockholm), Poland (Warsaw), Hungary (Budapest), Luxembourg (Luxembourg), Switzerland (Zurich), Portugal (Leiria), Russia (Moscow, Saint Petersburg)
- Middle East – Turkey (Istanbul), Israel (Petah Tikva)
- North America – Canada (Montreal, Toronto), United States (Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami [P2P], New York [P2P], Phoenix, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle [P2P], Washington DC), Mexico City, Mexico
- South America – Brazil (Sao Paulo)
Avast SecureLine VPN Pricing/Licensing
Since the Avast SecureLine VPN is the paid-for product and you can use the trial version only for 7 days, you may consider buying a full subscription. Pricing is as follows
- 1-month subscription – $5.99 / monthly billing
- 1-year subscription – $41.99 / yearly billing
- 2-year subscription – $114.99 $71.99 / bi-yearly billing
Price of Avast SecureLine VPN is very low compared to other popular VPNs on the market. They typically start at $10 per month or $70 a year.
Avast SecureLine VPN Pop-ups and How To Disable Them
You can sometimes see the Avast SecureLine VPN pop-up notification coming from your Avast antivirus. Usually, it’s a time-limited offer to purchase SecureLine with a special 33% discount. If you want to get rid of these pop-ups just check our ‘Ultimate Guide to Disabling Avast Pop-up Notifications‘.
The second type of SecureLine pop-ups are the ones which come only if you have the SecureLine VPN activated. Most typically the one when you are connecting to the unsecured public WiFi network. This one specifically can be disabled by going to ‘Tools’ » ‘SecureLine’. There at the bottom of the screen, you should see a pre-checked option ‘Ask me to start SecureLine whenever I connect to an unsecured Wi-Fi’. Obviously just un-check this option.
Avast SecureLine VPN Uninstall/Removal
Removing Avast SecureLine VPN tool from your Avast antivirus is quite easy. It includes following steps
- Go to Windows ‘Control Panel’, find section ‘Programs’ and click on item ‘Uninstall a program’
- On the list of installed programs on your computer find Avast antivirus and click on ‘Uninstall/Change’
- On the Avast Setup window go to ‘Change’ and click on the ‘Continue’ button
- From the list of Avast tools select ‘SecureLine’, un-check it and click on the ‘Continue’ button
- Now you should get the message ‘The product was successfully updated’ just click on ‘Done’
Other Avast Products for Windows
Although we have used Avast Free Antivirus 2018 screenshots in this article, these steps are also applicable for all Avast Antivirus solutions (i.e. also for Avast Pro Antivirus, Avast Internet Security, or Avast Premier) running the latest version available.
Steps are relevant for all Windows versions – Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (including Anniversary Update).