avast! has just released fourth program update to the core product, avast! antivirus 2014. Version name is 2014 R4, full build number is 9.0.2021.
This program update seems very useful as it contains lot of new/improved stuff. It includes following changes/updates
- New Disable Sales Pop-ups – Simple setting to disable all sales/offers pop-ups, unfortunately available only in the paid-for products (avast! Pro Antivirus, avast! Internet Security, and avast! Premier)
- New Resume Feature – In case of crash during the product installation/update, you can use the new Resume feature to continue
- New Installation Warnings – If the product installation could potentially result in a not working program, warning message is displayed (missing admin rights, not enough hard disk space)
- Improved Product Security – Product security is improved by enhancing the avast! self defense component
- Improved Anti-spam Library – Better detection and accuracy of the anti-spam module (please note anti-spam is only available in avast! Internet Security, and avast! Premier)
- Improved Various Fixes/Improvements – Lots of various bug fixes and improvements resulting in more stable and faster product
You can update directly from the avast! interface or by downloading the latest installer. In case you need help with updating check our handy how-to update guide.
New Program Update R4 9.0.2021 is Available Directly from the avast! Interface
Although we have used avast! Free Antivirus 2014 screenshots in this post, update is available for all avast! antivirus solutions (i.e. also avast! Pro Antivirus, avast! Internet Security, or avast! Premier).