You probably already know that avast! Free Antivirus is totally free and you don’t have to pay a cent to be protected. At least if you’re using it in your household for non-commercial activities. But there is one thing you have to do within the first 30 days and each year since than. It’s called registration. Good thing it’s very simple.
Register and Get Your Free License via Program Interface
1) You can do registration within your product by cliking on ‘REGISTER’ button at the top of the main window or by going to ‘Settings’ » ‘Registration’.
avast! Free Antivirus 2014 Registration – Main Window
2) After clicking on any of the ‘Registration’ buttons you will get a screen where you can select between free and premium protection. Basically you will see a comparison between avast! Free Antivirus and avast! Internet Security. If you want a free protection select the button in the ‘Standard protection’ column. However upgrade to premium protection is definitely worthy.
avast! Free Antivirus 2014 Registration – Selecting Level of Protection
3) If you selected free protection in the previous step the registration window will pop-up. Registration itself is actually really simple and requires only your name and e-mail. And you can even register with your Facebook account.
avast! Free Antivirus 2014 Registration – Form
4) If you filled your name and e-mail correctly, or registered via Facebook, you should get the confirmation window with offer to try a full protection – avast! Internet Security. No matter which option you will choose you are now registered user and you can use the avast! Free Antivirus for a whole year. After your registration will expire you will need to re-register again.
avast! Free Antivirus 2014 Registration – Done
5) If you want to make sure the registration was successful just go to ‘Settings’ » ‘Registration’, or right-click on the avast! systray icon and select ‘Registration information’. The subscription window shoud appear and there you will see if you are registered and how many days left until the registration will expire (by default it is 365 days).
avast! Free Antivirus 2014 Registration – Subscription Details
Register and Get Your Free License via Official Website
Another way of how to register your antivirus and get a free license key is via the form on the avast! official website. Form itself is very simple and you will need only your name and e-mail. After you submit your registration details your free license will be sent to e-mail you have provided. Then you need to follow the instructions in the e-mail and insert the attached license file into your program.
avast! Free Antivirus 2014 Registration – Website Form
Resend Your Free License on Your E-mail
If you are already registered user of avast! Free Antivirus and just need your license file, you can use this simple form on the official avast! website. Please note that you need to enter e-mail which you have used during the registration process.
Resend Your Purchased License on Your E-mail
If you have purchased any of the premium products (avast! Pro Antivirus, avast! Internet Security, or avast! Premier) and just need your license file, you can use this simple form on the official avast! website. Please note that you need to enter e-mail which you have used during the checkout process.