You probably already know that Avast Free Antivirus 2015 is totally free and you don’t have to pay a cent to be protected. At least if you’re using it in your household for non-commercial activities. However, there is one thing you have to do within the first 30 days and each year after. It’s called registration, and it’s very simple.
If you like videos, there is a fantastic commentated video manual on this page, which explains the whole registration process in a few seconds.
Register and Get Your Free License Key via the Program Interface
1) You can register within your product by clicking on the ‘REGISTER‘ button at the top of the main window, ‘Register‘ link in the status area, or by going to ‘Settings‘ » ‘Registration‘. If you are getting closer to the expiration date, Avast may also prompt you with the registration pop-up.
Avast Free Antivirus 2015 License Registration – Main Window
2) After clicking on any of the Registration buttons you will get a screen where you can select between free (standard) and paid (complete) protection. Basically you will see a comparison between Avast, Free Antivirus, and Avast Internet Security. If you want free protection, select the button in the ‘Standard Protection‘ column. However, upgrading to premium protection is definitely worth it.
Avast Free Antivirus 2015 License Registration – Selecting Level of Protection
3) If you selected free protection in the previous step, the registration window will pop-up. Registration itself is actually really simple and requires only your name and e-mail. You can even register with your Facebook account.
Avast Free Antivirus 2015 License Registration – Form
4) If you have filled out your name and e-mail correctly, or registered via Facebook, you should get the confirmation window with an offer to try full protection – Avast Internet Security. No matter which option you choose, you are now a registered user, and you can use the Avast Free Antivirus for a whole year. After your registration expires, you will need to register again.
Avast Free Antivirus 2015 License Registration – Done
5) If you want to make sure the registration was successful just go to ‘Settings‘ » ‘Registration‘, or right-click on the Avast systray icon and select ‘Registration information‘. The subscription window should appear and there you will see if you are registered and how many days left until the registration expires (by default it is 365 days).
Avast Free Antivirus 2015 License Registration – Subscription Details
Register and Get Your Free License Key via the Official Website
Another way to register your Antivirus and get a free license key is via the form on the Avast official website. The form itself is very simple and you will need only your name and e-mail. After you submit your registration details, your free license key will be sent to the e-mail you have provided. Then you need to follow the instructions in the e-mail and insert the attached license key into your program.
Avast Free Antivirus 2015 License Registration – Website Form
Video Manual – How to Obtain the Free License Key for Avast Antivirus 2015
Get a Free 60-Day License Key for Paid Products
Looking for better and enhanced protection? There is a simple way to get a free 60-day license key, even for the Avast paid products
- Download the Free 60-Day License Key for Avast Internet Security 2015
- Download the Free 60-Day License Key for Avast Premier 2015
- Download the Free 60-Day License Key for Avast Pro Antivirus 2015
Resend Your Free License on Your E-mail
If you are already a registered user of Avast Free Antivirus and just need your license file, you can use this simple form on the official Avast website. Please note that you will need to enter the e-mail that you used during the registration process.
Resend Your Purchased License on Your E-mail
If you have purchased any of the premium products (Avast Pro Antivirus, Avast Internet Security, or Avast Premier) and just need your license file, you can use this simple form on the official Avast website. Please note that you will need to enter the e-mail that you used during the checkout process.